Friday 8 March 2019

Kitchen with a View


I made this card in November but haven't been able to post it because my sister only received it (along with her Christmas presents) a week ago, despite being posted in early December.

She has the most amazing water view from her new kitchen/living room so I knew I wanted to create a little sea view through the window.  I also wanted to use this new die and stamp set which I just had to buy several months before but still hadn't used.   

It was a little rushed being sent just before Christmas and having several health and personal issues at the time.  I was going to add a coffee pot and mugs but it felt a bit crowded with that large Home die,  so I went with the age old adage - if in doubt leave it out!

There are a few challenges into which I would like to enter this card.

Make My Monday has a Something New Challenge currently.


Simon Says Stamp has a Create a Scene Challenge this week.


Inkspirational Challenges has a Use Your Stash Challenge at the moment.  Nothing says table cloth like gingham, and I "found" this 2x12 paper Wild Asparagus card stock pack from My Mind's Eye which I bought many years ago in my stash.  It is difficult sometimes, but doesn't it feel good to use up stash instead of hoarding it!  


Addicted to Stamps has an Anything Goes Challenge this week



Stamps and Dies :
WMS Picnic Patterns (Wallpaper); Clearly Besotted Window Dressing Dies; Clearly Besotted Waves Edge Die; Sugarpea Designs Sugarcut Home; Sugarpea Designs  Sweet Sentiments Home; Frantic Stamper Vilage Sky.


Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  Your kind words will make my day!!!

Kate

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely New Home Card. Your sister is very lucky to have a sea view. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice view and an original take on a new home congratulatory card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MMMC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. I bet your sister just loved it.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!