Wednesday 24 February 2016

Such a Deer !!!


I've had this crushed velvet card stock for quite a while and when someone asked if I'd make them a personalised card with a deer, I thought it was time to cut into it.  It has a lovely texture.

I've used this reindeer die for Christmas cards for several years now so using it for a birthday card, I had reservations, but then I had the idea to use some pretty DP to ground the image.  Also, I think I'm willing spring to come, as I'm heartily sick of the frosty mornings.   This morning I nearly had an accident because the roads in the school car park hadn't been salted.  Don't you hate that moment when you turn the steering wheel but you keep sliding forward.  The playground was like a skating rink too!

I've paired the TH! mini reindeer with some birch trees are from Impression Obsession, and grounded them with a Stitched Scallop border from Simon Says Stamp.  Having generated a personalised the sentiment using the computer, I cut it and mounted it with Stitched Rectangles from WMS.

My favourite kind of challenge - Anything Goes - is happening this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate



1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you !!!