Monday 4 January 2016

Marbled Arch


During the Christmas break I had no time to blog - either making last minute cards or wrapping last minute presents -  so I'm going to try and catch up over the next few days.  This is a card I made for a wedding, though it would also work for an engagement, anniversary or even Valentine's.  I die cut the WMS My Heart heart and triple embossed it with pink embossing powder and UTEE.  It's the UTEE which gives it the marbled appearance - I think it reacts with and separates the pigments in the embossing powder.  In any case I love the effect.


Here's the whole card - no stamping on the card front just pretty papers and ribbon.  I did however stamp on the inside (WMS Fancy Phrases) and on the envelope (WMS Big Day Additions).


I added an insert to the frame to personalise the card with the names of the bride and groom.



Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  They really make my day!!!
Kate

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the embossing :)
    I've been in the same boat, only getting to catch up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, Kate ... delicate, soft, feminine ... and that dimensional arrow pierced heart is fanastic ... love the finish and shine! Happy New Year! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!