Monday 21 September 2015

K-uhu-l Card


My friend Jo makes these adorable stuffed animals and today Simon gave one to a friend of his from school.  Lexy's owl was actually blue (that's her favourite colour).  Jo is terrific, she made one in blue with only 2 days notice.  Unfortunately I didn't have time to take a photo of it but I do have a silver one I photographed previously.


 I made a birthday card for Lexy to match using a very old Sizzix Original Owl die. I coated his wings and feet in Glossy Accents and sprinkled them with glitter.  His eyes and beak were also "Glossily Accented".  I sat him on a branch cut with the Spellbinders Cherry Blossoms set, and double mounted that using the WMS Stitched Rectangles and WMS Scalloped Stitched Rectangles.  I cut Lexy's name using the WPlus9 Folk Art Alphabet and popped the letters up on small acetate "springs" and made a little computer generated sign for the owl to hold - Uhu is a German word for owl.



This week's Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is Die Crazy, so I'm entering over there.

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment,
Kate

1 comment:

  1. super cute card, luv the bold dark colors! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!