Monday 25 August 2014

Dragonfly Hello


A quick card for Muse Challenge 81 where this week's muse Marion Vagg has given us this ultra pretty butterfly card.  


Here is how the mood has taken me.  I went searching in my stash to see if I could find a Chevron striped background that I had previously stamped when I found this piece of card which I had cut using WMS Art Deco cut files.  


This dragonfly was a recent purchase from Clearly Besotted and I jumped at the chance of using it for the first time.  I cut a solid dragonfly from navy card and a lacy dragonfly from teal glitter card, layered them up and mounted it.  I filled the segments of the spine with Royal Coat Dimensional Magic to give it even more shine, and paired it with a Clearly Besotted Hello die cut.

I'm also entering this card in Addicted to CAS challenge 45 




Thanks for stopping by,
Kate


5 comments:

  1. Love this, the simple color choice, contrasted with the patterns and layers is stunning. Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. The dragonfly is gorgeous and workd very well with the background pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is moody and dramatic and just beautiful! Love the deep rich colours! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! This is so elegant!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the art deco look to your card - so elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!