Saturday 1 February 2014

Craft Barn's Q & L Challenge - Razzle Dazzle


This is my entry for the Craft Barn's Q & L Challenge which is Dazzle and/or Silence.  For the life of me I can't think of a quote or lyric that includes both these words so I've gone with Dazzle.  This partial lyric is from the musical Chicago which was set in the roaring 20's so I've gone with an art deco theme.


This was quite easy really owing to the fact that I have the gorgeous Art Deco Backgrounds and Putting on the Ritz sets from Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  The background was stamped with Versamark and embossed with Blue Raspberry Aurora embossing powder and the Flapper girl and frame was embossed with Persian Sea Aurora.  I love working with these embossing powders - they give a great shimmery effect and they work on even very detailed stamps like these.

A feather and a few sequins finished off the tag.  I wouldn't normally dream of putting these colours together but I was after a dazzling effect.

I have an idea for "silence" as well, if I can just find the time before I leave for Australia - I am under strict orders to "tidy" my craft room before I go.

Thanks for stopping by,

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Lovely shiny effect. This was one of the few dazzle songs I could think of as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I can see you ve been working on your blog - looks great! Your tag really looks nice as well - the background is beautiful - love that raspberry colour! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, this is so brilliant! It should be the picture in the dictionary next to "razzle-dazzle!" It has certainly razzled and dazzled me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from The Craft Barn - fabulous use of the art-deco images. I actually like the colour combo, they fit perfectly :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from The Craft Barn--This has lots of razzle Dazzle! Cool tag & I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This fits the word dazzle soo good, lovely!
    Have a nice trip to Australia, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those embossing powders are just gorgeous. Great card x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!