Thursday 27 June 2013

Thanks to my Sicilian Saxophone Teacher




My Sicilian Saxophone Teacher  retires shortly and tomorrow is my last lesson.  Just so we're clear - that's a teacher of saxophone who is Sicilian, not a teacher of the Sicilian Saxophone (as far as I know there's no such instrument).
I made this card to thank him for everything he's done for me these past two years and also to wish him all the best in the future.
Since I liked the sketch from this weeks Sketch'n'Stash challenge so much, I thought I'd use it again.


Starting with some 6x6 DP paper which is actually a map of Southern Italy (how perfect was that), I inked up some glossy cardstock with yellows, browns and gold alcohol inks to tone in with it and cut 2 ATC cards using the Tim Holtz ATC die.  One I overstamped with a Cities of the World montage stamp from Katzelkraft, and the other with this music score stamp from Stempel Winkel.  On another scrap I stamped this saxophone, and fussy cut it out.  I then mounted this on the musical score with dimensional tape.  This saxophone stamp is really old.  I think I bought it for Gavin's 4th birthday invitations and he has just turned 20 - I'd say that qualifies for digging deep into the stash.


I also used Craft Individuals stamp set CI-239 to create the small elements on the left.  All edges were distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The sentiment was computer generated and cut with the Spellbinders Nested Pennants set.

Enjoy what's left of the week and the week end.  I hear the weather is supposed to improve here, hope it's good where you are :)


7 comments:

  1. Great card & the map DP is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. Such a brilliant design, all the elements work so well together and I love the colours
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card I love the papers, the colours, EVERYTHING about it is fabulous.

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card.... love the papers & the map is brilliant.... am sure ya teacher will love it :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash…. good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    P.S. Can ya pleez turn off the word verification as it makes it difficult to leave messages... Ty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't know it was on. It's off now I hope.

      Delete
  5. what a wonderful card! thanks so much for joinung us at Sketch N Stash!
    xx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Kate, I'm sure he will appreciate your efforts :-)
    You renamed your blog - very classy, "Cards a la Kate" has a lovely ring to it.
    Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!