Friday 22 March 2013

A Splendid 80th Birthday card for my Mum

I made this card for my mum who turned 80 yesterday.
As well as the Spellbinders Splendid Circles, I used Exquisite Circles which my friend Lena kindly loaned me to add another layer.  I then topped it with a WMS Opera Tag stamped in Pink Orchid and cut with the matching WMS Opera Tag die. I also played with my new Classic Ric Rac Edgeabililties set to create a little border.
The right side looked a little empty, so I stamped 8 (1 for each decade) of the smallest flowers I could find which happened to be from a WMS set I just bought - A Good Egg.
I found the little 3D Smile sticker in my stash and it seemed perfect.  I added another larger flower from the set to the inside as well.  To complete the inside, I partially stamped a wedding sentiment from the WMS Compact Sentiments set, to get "Congratulations on your", placed a glittery die cut 8 and 0 and a stamped "th" underneath this, and stamped "Birthday" from the WMS Celtic Heritage Collection on the bottom row.  It sounds a little mismatched but it looked lovely.  I only wish I had thought to take a photo of the inside.
We all wrote down our own messages for mum - even Simon, although his was just a few Xs and his name.  I'm sure she'll treasure it.



1 comment:

  1. A lovely card. Very pretty background paper and lovely diesign. I hope your mother had a very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!