Thursday 30 August 2012

Waltzing Mouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge August

This month's Chrismas Card Challenge is to use the lyrics of a song as inspiration.  I had the starting lyrics sorted thanks to this lovely stamp in the Compliments of the Season set, but I thought it should be accompanied by some sleigh bells and I was racking my brain as to what image to use.  I thought of this very old stamp from PSX, mainly because of other lines in the song
In the lane snow is glistening ...
In the meadow we can build a snowman....
and then I noticed the sleigh bells strung up on the fence.  It seemed perfect, and I wouldn't be surprised if whoever designed this stamp had this song in mind.
The image was stamped with Versamark and embossed in black.
As usual I looked through my vast selection of designer papers and decided I would rather create my own background.  A gingham would have been perfect (Gingham and Co is on my wish list) but I compromised on a simple red tartan, stamped with the narrower plaid builder from the Pic-Nic Patterns set using Fired Brick Distress Ink.
I always like to decorate my envelopes so I used this little snowman stamp from the WMS Cottage Christmas set.

I've used sketch WMSC112 as inspiration.  I think the die cut holly leaves really set off the image, and I wouldn't have thought of using them if it hadn't been for the sketch. Thanks Mona !


9 comments:

  1. Kate - love the sentiment and perfect for the WMXC! The background reminds me of fireplace bricks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background stamping frames your snowy image so nicely Kate! love the colors and your cute snowman on the envelope! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week (as well as the Christmas Card challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful plaid paper you made! Love it with the sweet snowman scene and the perfect sentiment choice. Adorable Christmas card, getting so excited seeing these pop up on blogs :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and the sweet holiday scene, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that plaid and I'm so excited to see Christmas cards! It's never too early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card~the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tartan and the sentiment is fabulous! Wonderful Xmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Christmas card - love the background and the gorgeous sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable, so glad you played along with us at WM!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!