Thursday 12 July 2012

End of School Year Rush

At this time of year I have so many people to thank for their hard work with my darling boy Simon. This card is for Simon's teaching assistant Josie.  Josie has worked tirelessly with him for 3 years now and probably knows him better than anyone else apart from me.  We had reservations about the local school system but he loves it there, thanks in no small part to Josie.  I have to say that I too feel better about leaving him with someone as competent and experienced as Josie.
Simon has had some wonderful therapists and teachers (and doctors) throughout his short but eventful life, but I don't think any of them has influenced him as greatly as Josie.
I loved this week's sketch at WMS so I thought I'd use it again - plus it lends itself perfectly to this stamp set from My Island.
I just love the plaid background.  When I saw one of the cards on Claire Brennan's Blog where she had created a plaid background for one of her My Island cards, I knew I had to have this set as well as My Island - I had planned to get this next month, but decided I couldn't wait.
The plaid was created using Broken China and Wild Honey Distress Inks.  I used these in the Island panel too with Spiced Marmalade and Memento Rich Cocoa for the palm tree.  I was only playing when I started the panel so I didn't measure, I just "eye-balled" it.  It's not perfect but I think it's okay and I'm surprised at how easy it was to create the pattern.  I used the two different sized plaid stamps in the set and had them mounted on two separate acrylic blocks.  I then just stamped alternating between the two stamps one with Broken China and the other with Wild Honey - no in between cleaning, no fuss, no problems, easy peasy.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful bright card! Love this new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderfully summery, Kate! Love the colour combo... my idea of an island paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plaid...
    gets ya every time doesn't it? :)
    It was one of my first sets and I love it still! :)
    And it's so fabulous with this set...
    love the colors...
    so bold and vivid!
    So glad you could play with us this week at at WMSC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I got that set too...well, actually both but was thinking of the plaid!!! I saw Claire's card and someone else recently made plaid with it! Love the island scene and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!!! I do like this - the plaid background and My Island stamps - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card looks like so much fun!! Love the trendy look - and you got your new stamps ... YEAHHHHH!!! Great cool colors - Josie will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors, plaid and summer theme Kate! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card.Thanks for joining us at WMSC

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!