Thursday 26 May 2011

This is my latest creation. My friend Ruth turned 50 yesterday and I wanted to make her a really special card. In the end I decided on an explosion box. We girls are going out on the town tomorrow night and I thought she might like to store any pictures from the night inside - really make it a night to remember.







The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow Collection. Some of the embellishments have been punched from Coredinations Gemstones collection, but most of it was just from stash - I just wanted to highlight the rich colours in the patterned papers.
The thing about explosion boxes is you always have those spare cut out pieces left over, so I created a book mark with one of these (the inverse has that famous quote from Mark Twain about age being an issue of mind over matter). I also created a teeny gift card and envelope to put in the centre of the box.


The flowers, hearts and stars are attached using acetate strips (formerly a packing box from a sizzix die). The last time I made an explosion box I used wire stems, but I saw the acetate on other explosion boxes on the internet and thought I'd give it a try. I must say I was pleased with the effect - I love the way they appear to be suspended in mid air.
Of course all the corners have been rounded with the Corner Chomper.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!