Friday 7 May 2010

A card for my mother-in-law Jill.
I bought this gorgeous stamp set from Clearly Impressed called Writing Set. As soon as I saw it I thought of my Mother-in-law who is a brilliant calligrapher. I was lucky enough to be at my friend's house for a crop and was able to use her Tim Holtz die Heart and Wings. This one hadn't impressed me much from the catalogue, but I fell in love with it when I saw it up close. Two hearts are cut out - the lacy one on the top (cut from Core'dinations and slightly sanded) and a solid background heart (which I cut from an old book page overstamped with text) so you get a real sense of depth. The wings and crown were cut from gold and distressed slightly. The flower was cut from the same Core'dinations card stock using a Sizzix Bigz die - Bird with Leaves and Flower. I overstamped this with text as well. I cut out the stamped background using a Spellbinders Labels 8 die, and matted it with olive green Core'dinations embossed with the Cuttlebug "Script Texture" embossing folder. I have to thank my good friend Lena who convinced me to lift the card with a bit of colour, otherwise I probably would have played it safe by cutting the heart from olive green.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, well done!
    The combination of the 3 colours really does it, I think... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just stunning. I loooove the heart and wings and will most likely be cutting a few of my own!! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!