Thursday 8 October 2020

Sparkling Unicorn


This card was a special commission for my son's physiotherapist who is farewelling a friend of hers next month.  They are part of the same horseback archery team and the name of that team is, you guessed it The Unicorns!  Hence the Unicorn and the arrows.  She wanted to let her friend know that the whole team has her back.

Here's a closeup of the Unicorn - he is beautiful, isn't he!  I picked him up a few years ago in Hobbycraft in the UK.  His name is Destiny and he's from Tattered Lace.  I carefully removed the strands of his mane and tail (those that didn't get stuck in the die), placed them on a craft mat and coloured them with pastel colours then reinserted them, adding tape to the back so they stayed put.  I then added glossy accents to his horn, mane and tail and sprinkled a little clear holographic glitter for some sparkle!



Other dies used were Simon Says Stamp Wavy Scallop Stitches (the rolling hills), Echo Park Speech Bubble, Diamond Press (arrows).  I die cut a cloud border and used it the sponge the sky using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

I stamped some unicorn images on the envelope and inside in pink - so will be adding my card to 
Time Out Challenge #72 where we are challenged and make an encouragement card and optionally add some pink for breast cancer awareness month.  



I want to join the NBUS Challenge for the month of October as well - I did try the Unicorn die once previously but that was over 2 years ago and it did not end well!


I would also like to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog where Simon says

 MAKE IT SPARKLE

and I couldn't help but notice a copy of Harry Potter in this photo inspiration at the {Pin}spirational Challenge!




Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment!  I love to hear from you,

Kate
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that unicorn die is amazing and I love the sparkly rainbow mane and tail that you created! Beautiful sky too, very cute card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sparkly unicorn. how cute. Thanks for linking up at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet she was so pleased with how you created this special personal card for her friend, Kate! The unicorn and arrows are perfect and I love the rainbow colors and the schparkle! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the physiotherapist was in love with this card!! You did such a fantastic job with the unicorn, especially removing all those tiny pieces and colouring them. And there's so much sparkle, which you would totally expect with a magical horse. Love the nod to the archery team with the arrows and the sentiment is really thoughtful. So very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!