Saturday 2 July 2016

Stained Glass


One of the members of my church choir is leaving Luxembourg soon and this card is to thank him and wish him well.

I coloured an acetate panel (upcycled packaging) with alcohol inks to give a stained glass effect behind the Gothic arched window.  The musical script stamped background is still clearly visible.

I can't say it's the best card I've ever made - my mojo seems to be having the weekend off.  I don't think the piano border really works with the gothic arch, but as Ciaran has helped out when our pianist has been away I wanted to include a piano in the design. 

Simons Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge has an Anything Goes challenge this week, so I'm entering my card over there.



Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  I really appreciate your feedback, and I'd love to return the compliment,
Kate



Stamps : De Stempelwinkel Musical Background
Dies : Memory Box Piano Border, Memory Box Musical Motifs, Spellbinders D-Lites Windows Three, Frantic Stamper Village Sky (the little stars), WMS Stitched Rectangles

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kate, I love the whole theme of this and I am sure your friend will love it too, very thoughtful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the alcohol inks :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!