Monday 27 June 2022

Aloha Summer!


I've been MIA for a while AGAIN.  I have been busy creating for markets and workshops and specials orders as well as some minor personal issues and I really haven't had much time for blogging!  This is one of the designs I made for a market we had here in my village - KuKi (Kultur Kielen).  Most of the village is closed off and given over to artists and artisans.  It's the first one since 2019 and the first one where I've exhibited alone.

A photo of me and my stall!

I left a blank space on this and many designs purposely for personalisation or a specific sentiment and I took my Bigshot and some alpha and sentiment dies with me.  Here is a slightly different Aloha card which caught the eye of one of the locals and her daughter furtively had me personalise it for her for Mammendag - Mother's Day in Luxembourgish!  I did the personalisation at home and added glossy accents to the letters (it was still drying hence the milky appearance when I snapped this photo).  Her mum loved it!  
 

If you're wondering about the beach towel, I selectively die cut it from a very long slimline blanket die from Honey Bee Stamps.  The corners were a little untidy but some strategically placed shells and critters fixed that problem!  

The beach hut is unbranded, I suspect it's an Alexander Renke knock off or perhaps Charlie and Paulchen but I couldn't find it anywhere else so I folded and bought it from Aliexpress.  It's a fabulous set - three different roofs, the option to be on stilts and a ladder, different doors and windows (you might notice the glossy accents on the window pane), bunting, a surfboard (or is that a canoe) as well as flags and a life saver)!  

The Aloha is from Lawn Fawn.  The shells and crab are from a Charlie und Paulchen set called Ozeankranz - so nice to find a European company that sells and makes dies as unfortunately the American ones are now out of my reach since new import duties and collection charges have been imposed (EU Customs and postal services have become ruthless since there is so much money to be made post Brexit)!

 Challenges :

Just us Girls Challenge #638

Double D Challenges - Beach Time

Time Out Challenge #216 - Tropical

Grab the Badge
Papercraft Challenge #83 - For the Girls

NBUS Challenge #39
the Aloha die and Ozeankranz set are NBUS

I'm thrilled you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll know you were here and how to find you and perhaps we can get better acquainted!  

Kate

7 comments:

  1. Love this little hut on the beach! SO many cute little details when you take the time to really look at this clever card! I'm so glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and beautiful beach scene with the sweet and pretty huts and the bright coloured blanket with some wonderful shells and a cute crab and a fun background paper too..a terrific card Kate. Thank you for joining us over at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to see you again, Kate! Thank you for sharing what you've been up to and including the great photo of you and your lovely stall! You have been VERY productive and given the visitors lots and lots of your beautiful designs to buy. I love how you secretly personalized this Aloha mom's day card for the thoughtful young lady and I thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun beach scene, the market looks fun too!! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I love the mixed patterns and the little beach hut. Your added beach critters is a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this beach hut! Adorable card - I love the tiny crab too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beach hut, Kate, and all the little details, including the personalization. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!