Sunday 27 March 2022

Nautical Zig Zags




 I'm currently going through my stash to see what I have half finished - I need to declutter my craft room and I have market coming up soon and I need to build up stock.  I found this panel that I'd stamped and embossed some time ago - the sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Ocean Bound and I'd already cut it with this wonky rectangle die (Spellbinders) which I think resembles a sail!

The current challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters is Sentiment Only and this sentiment does rather take centre stage!  

The current challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog is "Z for Zig-Zag" which inspired me to pull out this old Papertray Ink Chevron Stipes die.

The colour scheme is fairly classic for a nautical card but was inspired nevertheless by this {Pin}spirational March Challenge pic.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be thrilled!  I’ll also know you were here and check out what you’ve been up to so we can get better acquainted!

Kate

12 comments:

  1. WOW what a fabulous design to go along with your nautical sentiment! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous nautical card,thank you for joining in with us at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for our challenge, and I love that rectangle die, it does resemble a sail blowing in the wind. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card to highlight the sentiment and it's also a great way to use the zig zag, too! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet and Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sentiment and so true! I love your textured background with that bold chevron stripe too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate I have pooped by to thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog like you I am struggling with the loss of my mum as you are it's painful isn't it. Kate I love this card a great sentiment and design I look forward to seeing more of your work
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd forgotten all about that stamp set at WMS Kate - such a lovely quote and fits the wonky die cut perfectly! How gorgeous is that crimson EB? I never think of buying coloured EB it always seems to be white, silver or gold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative and beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Kate, great design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the navy and red together. It's a very striking design. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness I love the sentiment on this card. Great layout and the die cut zig zags is perfect too. This is wonderfully designed.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit. I appreciate you taking the time.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!