Monday 10 May 2021

Hit the Beach (Again)

 


I was looking through some of my older cards on the weekend and found this one from 2012.  Normally when I look back that far I cringe but I rather admired the plaid background and wondered if I could do even better now that I have a stamping platform.  Maybe it's because my ink pads are a little dry but it was hard yakka (that's Aussie for work).  For a start there were 2 stamps, 5 colours and 12 stampings (with cleaning required in between), but each stamping took 5 or 6 goes to get a clean image.  Even now there are patchy bits and I could have done better with my stamp aligning (don't look too close).  I still love it though!  It reminds me of a picnic rug!  And I thought it would be a perfect backdrop for these beach huts.  I cut the hut bodies, roofs, doors, windows and pylons (Alexandra Renke) in three colours and then set about swapping the elements.  The surfboard was also in the set so I cut one in blue and propped it against the pink hut.

I love these summer colours and this cute little scene!  The thongs (sorry) flip-flops (Alexandra Renke Summer Items) must have felt the same way because I found them taking tentative steps towards the beach huts for a closer look!

The sentiment is from a WMS set (WMS My Island) from about the same time as the plaid builder (WMS Picnic Patterns).  I loved Waltzing Mouse Stamps and couldn't wait for the new releases to come out each month!  Based in Northern Ireland, there were no duties and very reasonable postage (usually free) and absolutely brilliantly designed sets that worked well with each other!  I was devastated when Claire closed the shop - such a talented artist!  Still, at least I have most of her sets and will make more of an effort to use them!

I'm entering the following challenges

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #522 - Summer Colours


Allsorts Challenge #623 - Create a Scene


The Male Room Challenge #150 - Water/Beach


NBUS Challenge #26 - Huts and Summer Items are NBUS

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies May Challenge

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I’ll be over the moon!  I’ll also know you were here, so I can check out what you’ve been up to and we can get better acquainted!

Kate

10 comments:

  1. Some really great images and colours, a lovely bright and sunny card. Thank you for joining our 'Create a Scene ' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright and vibrant beach huts, perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Fantastic background and I love the colours for the beach huts. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on this and the plaid background. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge theme at Allsorts. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very funky card, love the huts in their seaside colours. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your card on the NBUS challenge and it caught my eye so I had to pop by and check it out! I adore this; the design and colors are so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate

    I love this!

    Beautiful little beach huts and such beautiful colours.

    I think you have done really well with the background. To begin with I thought it was a purchased design paper .. .. not created with stamps! Great yakka LOL!!!

    Hope all is well with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and colourful design! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this fun row of sweet little beach huts Kate!! Love the Aussie thongs!! :) Super with their pretty colours and wonderful background!!! I agree about the Watxing Mouse designs. I also have a few of her clever sets. Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous use of die cuts and perfect layout for them. Thank you for joining The Male Room "Water/Beach" challenge, I hope you'll be back to join our new "Dads/Grandads" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!