Saturday 2 January 2021

'Tis the Season to be Wrappin'

 


A few weeks ago, Challenge #72 at The Library had the title Christmas Shopaholic.  I had an idea for it, but not the time nor the tools!  Here is the book cover


I immediately thought of this Stamp and Die set (Sizzix Style is Eternal) because of the shopping bags that come with the set (though adding them to her hand proved tricky!  I had ordered a set of Santa hats in October but they didn't arrive before the challenge ended - in fact they only arrived after Christmas!  Luckily, the Library has an Anthology Challenge where we can pick any previous title from the Library so I got another chance at this title!

I die cut some Christmas gifts in red and silver (XCut Birthday Party set) - I had to do a little selective cutting to get the different sizes and chose a suitable Santa hat for my shopaholic!

I had bought this embossing folder (Craft Sensations) a few weeks before Christmas and I remembered I had bought some Whitewash Core'dinations Cardstock a few years before - about time I used it!  Jingle Belles has challenged us to use Something Old and Something New and that was as good a reason as any to use some of it!  I chose a green sheet and after embossing sanded the whitewashed cardstock slightly to reveal the green underneath.  

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #45 has an "If it's Christmassy, Link it Up" challenge. 

I'm also entering 
Allsorts Challenge #605 - Anything Goes
NBUS Challenge #22 - The embossing folder and Santa hats are both new

Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate

11 comments:

  1. I'm sure this would have been a winner at the Library Challenge, Kate! It's a very clever design, beautifully executed! I love all the texture and dimension! Happy New Year and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Continue to keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super girly creation, thanks for joining in with our new Allsorts theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card - I love the design! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect implementation of the cover and a great designed card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is soooooo very fun, and a great combination of Old and New items! what a beautiful way to start off the 2021 holiday card season! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you saw your chance in the Anthology challenge because I would have hated to miss this stylish and fun card! Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the packages on the background ... so glad you shared both your new & old with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous image!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!