Sunday 17 January 2021

Roude Léiw - Red Lion

The Roude Léiw (Red Lion) is the national symbol for Luxembourg and Simon beer is one of many beers made here in Luxembourg.  I always used to take a few bottles over for my dad in Australia - dad enjoyed a beer and as my youngest son's name is Simon it was a little joke between us.  The "bottles" were actually aluminium, not glass so I was less worried about breakages in the suitcase!

I made my bottle using the word processor and MFT Soda Bottle Dies.  I cut and layered up several of the bottle die cuts.  I punched a small hole for a brad in the bottom most bottle.  I then punched a much larger hole in 3 other die cuts, to sink the brad head and then lay the printed bottle on the top.  I added some glossy accents to the completed bottle to give it even more dimension.  Now the little bottle spins on its little checkered table cloth - though I wouldn't recommend doing this with a real bottle unless you've drunk the contents first! 

I spelt out the sentiment with die-cut MFT Bottlecap Letters on die-cut MFT Bottle Caps.  This embossed brick wall helped create the appropriate pub atmosphere I was looking for.

At Let's Squash it Challenge #4, the theme this month is Animals and Embossing Folders.  Since the Simon beer logo is the Red Lion, this is the animal I've gone with.   I picked up the embossing folder at Action and I think the brand was Craft Sensations - there was no title on the folder itself and the packaging is long gone!

The Male Room Challenge #146 also has an Animals theme so I'm entering there as well.






Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!
Hugs and stay safe,

Kate





6 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card. I love the bottle. Thanks for playing along at the Happy Little Stampers Challenge Blog! Dawn *DTeam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun masculine design, and a great different take on our animal theme. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the backstory to your card, Kate! Great card and what a fun way to use the animal theme too. Such a sweet card. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card. Great idea.
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fab. CAS design full of awesome details. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room. I hope to see you in our new Steampunk challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colours and I love the spinning bottle. A very cool and on trend card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!