Tuesday 29 December 2020

Time Square


 I'm not usually one for New Year Cards, unless I've forgotten a Christmas card and it's too far gone in the season to send a Christmas card  - I'm sure we've all been there!  However after the dreadful year that was 2020, I think it's entirely appropriate to welcome 2021 with bells and whistles and hope that it is brighter for everyone!

My design was influenced by two challenges Time Out Challenge #177 and Inspired By Challenge #155



This massive clock die seemed appropriate and I've been looking for an excuse to open the wrapping!  Originally, I wanted to keep with the all white theme of the Time Out Inspiration so went with white die cut on white card stock - I like to call this technique faux embossing because it has the appearance of dry embossing!  An embossing folder would have been a lot easier if I'd had one - so many little tiny pieces to be removed! The balloons I masked off at different levels, applied glossy accents and then glitter.  At this point I realised I had to abandon the all white colour scheme as I had no white glitter and decided on this silver - it was also looking a little bland!  When that was dry I removed the masks, added the 2021 digits and applied glossy accents to the rest of the balloons.  I was careful when removing the roman numerals, painted these silver and reinserted them into the clock face once it was attached to the card front.  The small balloons were an afterthought - the image was slightly damaged in one spot so I covered it with a balloon and added a few others for balance 😉!

I'm also entering the Library Challenge #74 which is an Anthology i.e. choose a book from a previous Library Challenge.  I chose Challenge #21 from November 2018


I'm also entering Inspirational Challenge #229 which is to use something in your home.  I didn't have the forethought to buy balloons before this super strict lockdown was imposed (non-essential sections of the supermarket have been roped off - this didn't even happen in March/April here) but I do have clocks!


Both the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge and Allsorts Challenge #603/4 have the prompt Sparkle and Shine and these balloons do just that!



Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!

Hugs and stay safe,

Kate


13 comments:

  1. This is a perfect card to ring in the new year! I am definitely hoping for fresh start to 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate there is so much amazing detail here. I love all the different embossing and use of dies and those balloons with the glitter and gloss-superb, what a way to ring in a New Year. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Kate, great design and I love the delicate colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely die and a lovely way of doing the balloons. Thank you for joining our 'Sparkle and Shine'
    challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful new years card, and a fabulous way to ring in the new year. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really elegant New Year card, thanks so much for sharing and joining in with our 'Sparkle and Shine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a gorgeous way to send out the old, and bring in the New Year, Kate!! You've really put great thought into your design, and the results are worth celebrating... fabulous! Thanks so very much for wrapping up 2020 so beautifully for IB!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect New Years Day card, loving all of the details! I agree it's a great idea to send one out for when it's too late to send Christmas cards. I've done that before too :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I have enjoyed my visit! I love your card and your post was very amusing ..too true about the late Christmas cards! And thank you for looking back at the old library challenges and coming up with the perfect one. Thanks for joining The Library. Also, perfect idea for Inkspirational- thanks for linking up there too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You knocked out a load of challenges with this beautiful and timely (pun intended) card!!! The white on white is fabulous and worth your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work, love the dimension! Thank you for joining us at INk~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's useful to have some New Year cards on hand, however I struggle with design ideas so I prefer to get all Christmas cards done. This one is perfectly party themed. Happy New Year and thank you for joining our challenge at Ink.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!