Tuesday 27 October 2020

My Ode to Autumn


There is no doubt that Luxembourg is a beautiful country but the Autumns here are truly spectacular!  The drive home today through the forest was breath-taking and this is what I made when I got home - my Ode to Autumn!  I haven't decided whether to put a sentiment on the front or on the inside - I'm thinking "Give Thanks" or "Autumn Blessings".  Driving through that forest today, I truly did feel blessed.  And of course I had to make it a spinner card - Autumn leaves don't stay still do they! 



I was super excited I got to play with this new Tim Holtz Thinlets die set which I bought a few weeks ago.  It is so super easy to layer up the elements - I've only just scratched the surface here!  The first thing I did was raid my left overs box for some Autumn tones and set about cutting some of the lovely leaves and layering the various colours and distressing with some of my favourite Distress Inks. 

I believe the large leaf is a Neat and Tangled Design.  It was a bit tricky as I only have the lacy overleaf, not the solid base leaf.  I cut it from cream card stock and was careful to apply double sided tape the the back of the cut while it was still in the die (and hunted for any stray bits).  I then used the negative to trace an outline onto another piece of card stock and cut this out and stuck it on the back.  I then smooshed it in a couple of different coloured Distress Inks then laid two green overlays on top for dimension.  Otherwise it wouldn't have been robust enough to be a spinner element.  

There are loads of challenges that this card fits!

Firstly NBUS - the Fall Foliage and Maple Leaf Dies had their first outing for this card, so I'm entering the card in the NBUS Challenge #19.



Secondly, loads of Snippets used here so entering Pixie's Playground Challenge #389



The Male Room has the following quote for Challenge #143


Inkspiration has the following Graphic for their current challenge 



Use Your Stuff has following photo inspiration for its current challenge


Double D Challenges has the following Mood Board.  The wood inspired my background as well as the leaves and the colours



The Card Concept has the following inspiration.  I guess my card is Classy and Elegant???  Or maybe Shabby Chic/Vintage???


This week Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is to Layer it Up.  These foliage dies look fabulous with their layers!



Cardz4Guyz Challenge #143 has the Colours of Autumn prompt


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and return the favour!

Love,

Kate








15 comments:

  1. Great idea !! Yes, the wind makes the leaves dance back and forth, you have processed that well on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favorite season, and this card captures it perfectly. The spinner element is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kate, just reading your first paragraph took me right on that drive through the forest with you! Here in Ohio, USA we too have some beautiful colors going on this Fall and the temperatures have dropped considerably. Your card is AWESOME and love that you made it a slider ... like that leaf is gently falling from it's tree. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘October’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kate, thank you for being my new follower, I'm following you too now and I LOVE your new leaf dies, what a fabulous card design, Autumn being my favourite season of all..love the background behind the big leaf..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card this is Kate! I adore your leaf and can understand the care not to let a little piece escape! Story of my life here - that and small metal dies! I use an old extending pointer that I had back in the days of giving talks etc. using an overhead projector as the end of it is magnetic, great for sweeping round underneath my desk to pick up dropped metal bit. Love that your leaf is also a spinner!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great autumn card. Love those leaves! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wood grain background. The leaves are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful autumn card! Very creative to have the leaf move across the card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful interactive card. I like the moving leave. Great idea. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room Goga

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute. Thanks for playing along with us at UYS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Wonderful idea to show Autumn and it's falling leaves, a Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our Quote challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate, I certainly love your Ode to Autumn, both in the card and in your beautiful description of Luxembourg. The leaves against the woodgrain background are so so pretty. Visiting your blog has been a treat for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great design - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful "autumn" card you made :-)) I like the leaves.
    Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!