Saturday 24 October 2020

Drifting Snow

The only thing more addictive than playing with Spinner Cards is making them! And I thought I'd try a Christmas version! As an ex-pat Australian, Christmas was never about snowing. We were more used to battling bush fires and heat exhaustion than snow drifts! However, there is something quite magical about a white landscape - the stillness and serenity - especially at Christmas time! And let's face it, we need a little serenity right now!




It's October, so I thought I'd add a little pink to my card as a nod to Breast Cancer Awareness month! Here's a closeup so you see the gold sentiment from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Alpine Christmas set and the layered up snowflake. The woodgrain background stamp was also from Waltzing Mouse.


The large snowflake set from Spellbinders was one of the first die sets I bought. I have other more elaborate ones, but the layering can be more difficult on the lacy dies and for an interactive element, it's best to layer it up to make it robust.

I was inspired by this gorgeous graphic from Timeout Challenge #173



This Wednseday's prompt from Simon Says Stamp is to Layer it Up, which is what I did to that snowflake to make it a robust interactive element.



Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  If you leave a comment, I'll know where to find you and can return the favour!


Love,

Kate


3 comments:

  1. This is stunning Kate. Love the subtle woodgrain background and how you layered up the snowflake. And the sentiment so subtle. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, and I really love the spinner aspect. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so beautifully peaceful! Great that background! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!