Thursday 26 October 2017

More Poppies

As I said in my last post, a bad case of flu and some family issues have had a negative effect on my mojo lately.  I thought one way to kick start it might be to revisit some old designs.  I had some of these Simon Says Stamp Poppies already made up from earlier on this year so I thought I would put some of them to use.  This first card was pretty much the same as the one I made earlier in the year, using WMS Big Day Today and the WMS Double Stitched Frames - baby steps.


But then I thought I'd try changing the matting and sentiment.  I used a a smaller internal rectangle to create a thicker frame and this simpler simple sentiment (also from WMS Big Day Today) fitted perfectly.   I actually prefer the simpler sentiment and I love how the poppy is bursting out from the frame.


I always like to dress up my envelopes so I stamped this flower from the WMS 2-step sprig (though it's actually a 3-step stamp).  I also stamped it on the inside.

The edges of the poppy petals have been distressed with black soot DI to give them some dimension,  which is fortunate for me because the current challenge at Time Out is "Sympathy with the optional twist of distressing".


Other Challenges



Simon Says Stamp has an "Anything Goes" challenge this week


CAS on Friday has the theme "Flowers"




Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave a comment.  Your visits and feedback mean a lot to me,
Kate

8 comments:

  1. SO elegant! Love the red. Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers, so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, such an elegant and clean look! I love the large die cut poppy and for me both sentiments work perfectly, I actually love all the swirls in the first one! Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the die cut poppy, such a crisp clean card too.
    Thanks for sharing at HLS Anything Goes with dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! The poppies are just stunning! Fabulous designs!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow who doesn't love poppies they jump right of the screen. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I love the coordinating envelope. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out ! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for winning our random prize at Time Out Challenges, see our blog for how to redeem your prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful stylish card. The poppy is gorgeous and I think I like the first and fancier sentiment best

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!