Thursday 8 September 2016

Peacocks and Butterflies


Hi, I wasn't sure I would make the Peacock Colour Challenge over at Less is More, but I made a quick card this morning.   I had this beautiful design paper earmarked for the challenge (reminds me of the shape and colours of peacock feathers) and I had the idea to cut out a butterfly from this iridescent contact which when backed with a solid card takes on that colour, trouble was though that the butterfly was lost on the patterned paper. 


So I decided to look around for a sketch to help me and remembered it was contest week over at Mojo Monday so adapted their sketch to mount my butterfly.  It's no longer so simple but I hope the lines and papers are clean enough to fulfil the rules for "clean and simple" at Less is More.  




Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave some feedback,
Kate

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, Kate! That background paper is gorgeous, and using the sketch was a great idea as it works really well with these elements. We probably need a little more empty space for it to be CAS, but it's such a lovely card and whoever receives it is going to be so happy - great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Such a pretty card!! I love your take on the sketch and that very delicate looking butterfly!! Thanks for sharing my give away! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful butterfly Kate and I can see why you earmarked that designer paper because it is gorgeous. Perhaps this is a little too busy and layered to be CAS in the LIM sense, but it is a really super card. DO please join us at Less is More again next week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the colours and your butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! That butterfly is just lovely. Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!