Tuesday 17 May 2016

Amazing, Lovely Friend


I desperately wanted to use this new Cheery Lynn Celtic Whimsy die as this is for my dear Irish friend Maggie as I bought it especially with her in mind.  However my mojo was in a dark place at the time and I stared at it for days before knowing how to proceed - ever had days like that?

In the end I took some pretty floral paper from a kit prepared by my dear friend Jaine Drake and went with clashing pinks and oranges (and green of course - she is Irish after all) to creat this card.  The "amazing" and "lovely" actually started life as plywood embellishments but they needed tarting up so I embossed them green and pink embossing powders 2 or 3 times until they were nice and juicy and sprinkled some glitter on top.


For the inside, I adhered a piece of the patterned paper from the front to some foam board and used a Sizzix Original die to create a very large bold "Friend" sentiment - original dies can cut through almost anything.  A little glossy accents et voila.

I'm entering this in the following challenges

CAS-ual Fridays CFC147

Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies






Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to leave an encouraging comment,
Kate

5 comments:

  1. I know your friend will love this fun, festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fabulous card! Your die-cutting is so amazing. Thank you for sharing at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-Fridays challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those bright colors and the glittery sentiment! So pleased to see you linking up with us at HLS! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for playing with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!