Thursday 10 March 2016

NBUS Saxophone

I had such high hopes for Darnell's NBUS Challenge 6, having bought so many lovely things recently (and not so recently) but here I am with a super quick card at the very last minute.

I couldn't resist this saxophone die at Metz last week.  I knew it would come in handy for making a thank you card for my saxophone teacher and the detail is lovely.  


My friend Jaine got me out of my comfort zone last weekend by providing me with a kit full of lovely gold foiled papers from My Minds Eye and gold mirror card.  I haven't stopped using the mirror card since.  I had just enough for the saxophone - how perfect is the mirror card for the saxophone !!!

I thought the saxophone would pair quite nicely with the sentiments from the WMS Putting on the Ritz set and this is how I've used it here - embossed in gold of course !!!


I think I might sprinkle a few gold sequins around to mimic champagne bubbles !!!

Thanks for stopping by, especially if you take the time to comment or hit the like button

Kate

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! The saxophone die looks amazing!! I love the sentiment, too!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kate...first, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Your NBUS card is fabulous, love your gold sax and it goes so well with your wonderful sentiment! I also became your newest follower! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sentiment, so fun, and the saxophone looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one, too, Kate! The gold works perfectly with that awesome die, as do the other papers and sediment! It's cool that you take sax lessons and I know your teacher will love this card!! I really appreciate your support and that you were able to play twice in #6! Remember, you can keep challenging yourself to use that NBUS in between my challenges!! See you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!