Monday 9 March 2015

Clearly Besotted with Ice Cream


It's taken me way too long to break out this Clearly Besotted Super Cool stamp set and matching dies, which I bought last November !!!  It's a really fun set to play with and I especially love the chocolate crackling on top, which was stamped and then glossily accented.  The cherry on the top got the same treatment and the inside sentiment reads "HAPPY BIRTHDAY WITH A CHERRY ON TOP".  

I've teamed it with a WMS Stitched Tag and a WMS Zig Zag background.  The dinky little star grommet is from the WMS Folding Tag. The background was stamped in Color Box Robin's Egg and clear embossed.  The Clearly Besotted Wave Edge down the left side was a happy accident.  I left too much space on the left of the zig zag panel so I used a wave border to fill the gap - but I think it just brought it all together. 

I made this card for my youngest son to give my husband for his birthday last month.  Unfortunately a trip to hospital with said son the day after, and another small upheaval in our family meant that I'm only getting around to blogging it now.  Probably just as well - snow was falling thick and fast at the time and ice-cream was the last thing on our mind.  Looking at the sun shining outside this afternoon, it almost feels like ice-cream weather is finally on its way !!!

What flavours are you imagining - I'm thinking Mango, Mint, Lemon, Vanilla and Strawberry !!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the ice cream colours. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yes please orange, pistachio, mango, lemon and strawberry.... LOL Great card Kate

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!