Monday 9 February 2015

Penny For Your Thoughts


Watercolouring is the latest technique I've had a dabble with.  I also wanted to play with a stencil my friend Lena bought for me last year.  So I "versa marked" through the stencil and embossed with clear EP, then water coloured and spritzed over the top, then ironed off the embossing powder using brown paper.  

I thought it would fun to pair a Postcard with a one Penny stamp on it and a Marianne D. Penny Farthing die cut.  Naturally the sentiment had to be "Thinking of You" and I chose this one from the WMS Country Labels 14 set.   My friend Jaine designed a neat set of stamps for Sarah Hurley called On Your Bike which feature a Penny Farthing and I've used this on the envelope - I always like to stamp a co-ordinating image on the envelope.


I decided to cut and stamp a postcard on vellum, as I didn't want to hide too much of the background.  Of course this raised the problem of how to adhere it without the adhesive showing through, so there are a few strategically placed embellishments (and a few others as well).  I hope it still qualifies as Clean and Simple because I'm hoping to enter it at the CAS-ual Friday challenge CFC136 which is to use a watercolour technique. 

I was also inspired by Runway Inspired Challenge RIC#77 which has the following photo inspiration.  The dress looks so ethereal - perfect for a watercolour technique.


Thanks for stopping by,
Kate


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the different techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous selection of techniques Kate - you're right about that dress...perfect for a watercolour challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo soft and pretty, Kate! I love your watercoloring! Thanks so much for joining us at The Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty... Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Kate, you rocked the techniques on this card and the RIC!! That background and bike are spectacular and I love how you used and adhered your fun vellum postcard overlay!! Happy Valentine's Day and weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. That penny farthing is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable work. Thanks for joining the fun at CAS-ual Fridays challenge this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Kate, and also that you are doing some mixed media techniques too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous mixed media card, Kate ... lovely soft background, perfect with the vellum postcard ... and yummy shimmery penny farthing! Thanks so much for your visit ... and for your birthday wishes ... I so appreciate it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card--love your stencil technique and that wonderful old fashioned bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful card! Love how you used the inspiration piece in your background! Gorgeous! And love the decorated envelope too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh just saw the penny farthing. I love your card and as usual it's simply stunning. Thanks for using my stamp. xxxx Wow you've used lots of techniques here. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!