Wednesday 12 November 2014

Colourful Mess


One of Simon's friends is having a birthday party this weekend.  She wants a kit for card making for her birthday so I had this idea for her birthday card using the Waltzing Mouse Splat That set and this freebie stamp from Craft Stamper.  

I was going to save it up for the WMS Pyjama Party on Friday night because I was inspired by the Bedtime Story Sketch.  However when I saw the colours in WMS Fanatics Challenge 30 (two of which are Jessie's favourites), I thought I'd enter it there instead.


When I loaded the photos I realised the problem with colour challenges and indoor photography.  Those murky crimson splats are actually stamped with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and are purple IRL and the Shabby Shutters Distress Ink looks more yellow here than green.  At least the Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers resemble their true colours.  


I punched 1" squares in matching colours and assembled them on another piece of card.  I then stamped the image on this panel.  I stamped it again in white and fussy cut out the jar and utensils, painted them with one of those water pens and the same inks I had used for the background.  You can't see it in the photo but I applied Glossy Accents to the jar.  I mounted this panel on a black Spellbinders Postage Square.

The sentiment is from the Waltzing Mouse Big Day - Today set.

Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

4 comments:

  1. Fab card, love the colour splotches. I hear you on the light issues, I had to try & find a moment when the sun came out from behind the clouds- not that easy so close to the Atlantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect card to go with your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the "Splattered" background you have created, just perfect with your central panel stamp. Thank you for joining the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun and funky look to your card. The splats work perfectly in these bold colours. I really like the way you've quartered the background behind the paint jar! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!