Thursday 30 October 2014

Haunted House


I love it when Simon goes to birthday parties at this time of year as it gives me an opportunity to make spooky cards.  This card was influenced by Male Room Challenge 22 to use wood and the current CASology Cue Card.  I was going to put ghosts inside the window but I got the idea of just using the eyes from Meghan - one of the designer team members at CASology.


The main panel was stamped with the WMS Woodgrain in Antique Linen and then scored to give the appearance of wooden panels.  The sentiment was computer generated using the Cracked font, and cut with a Spellbinders Labels 2 die, trimmed down to resemble a tombstone and then overstamped with the WMS Crackle Mini stamp in Memento London Fog.  The spider was cut with the Cuttlebug Spooky Cut and Emboss set and is suspended from a section of cobweb trimmed from a cobweb border from EK Success.  

I've used Waltzing Mouse stamps so I'm entering this in the Waltzing Mouse Fanatics Challenge 29 

HALLOWEEN


Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Excellent! :) Thanks for joining in at TMR~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is super spooky! I love the woodgrain panel, the eyes at the window and the spider. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics and also The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the spider on a thread, great use of the woodgrain stamp. Thank you for joining us at the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Halloween Challenge.
    Kathy C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, I agree...birthday cards at this time of year are fun, aren't they? This is a great example of that...love the ghost eyes peeking in the windows! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those googly eyes! Great card.Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just can't beat googly eyes, fantastic for spooky cards. I love the planks on your woodgrain, thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!