Wednesday 15 October 2014

Faux Embossed Snow


I haven't used this technique for years but when one of the challenges for this month's WMS Pyjama Party was Texturise it, I was reminded of it.  Basically you cut shapes from the same colour card stock and adhere them.  It's easier to line up the shapes and works when you want the same shape(s) repeated multiple times.  Here I've used the the beautiful new WMS SnowFlakes 1 and 2.  

The sentiment, from WMS Alpine Christmas was heat embossed with Persian Sea Aurora Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder and mounted on a WMS Stitched Tag.

I'm actually entering this in Challenge 2 of the WMS Pyjama Party - Snow is Falling.  


Thanks for stopping by
Kate

7 comments:

  1. Amazing texture achieved with your clever technique! Beautiful blue embossing on the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful shimmer to your beautiful textured card Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful textured background with your darling tag Kate!! Love the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea - I'd never have guessed you'd die cut those shapes...so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever - I was wondering how you used the same die more than once - something new for me to try! Your card is beautiful and elegant! Your embossed sentiment is so crisp too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the way you did this, it turned out beautiful as if you bought embossed paper . Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Great technique. Until I read your instructions , I thought you had embossed the card.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!