Wednesday 9 July 2014

Tweet Farewell


Simon finished  music solfège classes yesterday and I made this card for his teacher who has had him for 4 years now.  She has always been so patient with him, understanding the difficulties that he faces  and also recognising the love and gift for music that he has.

The MFT Homespun Bird House elements were cut from scraps of card which had been stamped with WMS Cabin Plaid backgrounder, WMS Gingham and Co.WMS My IslandGreen Room Design Heirloom Patterns (also from Waltzing Mouse) and de Stempelwinkel musical score.

The sign was computer generated and I stamped a little frame around it and fussy cut it out.

The current sketch at  Fusion Card Challenge (I've rotated it 180°) gave me the idea to use the bird house with its A-line roof as an "Ecole de Musique" with Simon's "teacher" sitting on the roof seeing him off.



I am also entering this in the current Waltzing Mouse Fanatics Challenge


Thanks for stopping by,
Kate

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I love how you've used scraps of card stamped with backgrounds & given them a new lease of life! It's gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how you used the scraps for the house and birds - all birds should come in plaid!
    Thanks for joining the Waltzingmouse Fanatics :-D
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background. Love the technique you use. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your lovely little bird house and super cloudy sky! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I love how you've used the sketch in your card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, WOW, Love this!!! Thanks so much for being inspired, and sharing your lovely creation with us at FUSION, really hope that you join us again!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!