Wednesday 7 May 2014

Some Communion Cards


Two boys in Simon's class make their First Holy Communion next Sunday and I wanted to mark the event by making them a card.  I was a little pushed for inspiration when I saw the card being showcased on Case Study 189.


Using Spellbinders D-Lite Filigree Cross (which is a 2-part die), I cut the window in my card front and created this tone on tone blue cross to sit in the aperture when the card is closed.  

The sentiment is from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Celtic Heritage.  As both boys names were short, I decided to die cut their names using this WPlus9 Folk Art Alphabet.  Might have to rethink this design for the girls though one of them is Jennifer.




1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful card. I love the way the cross is embossed and gives lots of impact to the card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!