Saturday 6 July 2013

Accentuating the Negative


Couldn't resist making another card using the negative die cut as an accent.  I needed  another Teacher Thank You Card for end of school year so I pulled out the WPlus9 Folk Art die set again to create this card.
It's rather bright isn't it.  Simon picked the background paper from a freebie paper stack called Totally Tropical by Kate Knight, and I followed this fabulous sketch from Mojo Monday who are celebrating their 300th challenge.  I've been wanting to try this sketch out all week, so glad I got a chance even though I've just scraped in by the skin of my teeth.

Stamps : The Number Game from Technique Tuesday
               CI-258 Uplifting Words from Crafty Individuals
               Opera Tag Stamps from Waltzing Mouse Stamps

Dies : Folk Art Alphabet from WPlus9 
          Opera Tags from Waltzing Mouse Stamps
          LR0106 by Marianne Design
          Spellbinders Circles

3 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch. The colours are great for a fun Summer thank you card, roll on the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kate, this is a fascinating Mojo make! It was so nice to meet you! Thank you for coming by to visit me and leaving a comment so I could return the flavor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Kate, I mixed you up with a new lady named Kay who's comment was in my gmail inbox right above yours! Aackk, my dear, don't ever get old!! But I wasn't mixed up by your card ~ I love your negative die and patterned creation!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!