Monday 28 January 2013

Another Fine Mess

When my husband asked if I could make a thank you card for his Luxembourgish teacher, I reached once again for my favourite caligraphy sampler stamp from Clearly Impressed and this little ink pot and pen from Stempel Winkel.
When he told me his teacher was of Spanish descent, I had an image of red with black lace and thought I would make a card like this one I made last year for my mother-in-law's birthday, but in red.
I can't tell you what Adirondack alcohol ink colours I used in this background because I made it yonks ago and it's been sitting in my scraps stash - I'm pretty sure Red Pepper was one of them as it's much more red than this photo let's on.
I used the Merci from the Waltzing Mouse set Paris Nouveau.  Originally I had stamped a label from this set and cut a label from the matching Spellbinders Labels 25 set, but it was too big and completely obscured the calligraphy panel.  I ended up cutting out the centre from the label using a Spellbinders Petite Oval (I didn't have enough scrap to start again), and mounted it with a Spellbinders Fancy Tag and a larger Petite Oval cut from black.
I have to thank Laurie Schmidlin and WMSC110 once again for the inspiration for this card.



2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Gorgeous rich colour - I'm glad to hear you have a scraps stash, we don't waste anything. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Lovely colour combination and design

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!