Thursday 10 January 2013

A Little Get Well Card

I made this little rocker card for a little baby girl.  It's my first rocker card and I used a Sizzix Bigz Scalloped Circle as the base.
I wanted a tartan base so I used the WMS Cabin Plaid background stamp to overstamp the front and back of the scalloped circle after it had been scored and folded, and embossed with white embossing powder.  This way I was sure the pattern would be straight.  I cut a large plain pink circle using the largest Splendid Circle from Spellbinders and cut a plain circle from another piece of plaid-stamped pink cardstock.  I was pretty chuffed when my friend Jaine (a very experienced card maker) dropped in on Tuesday as I was playing with the background pieces and asked where I got the gorgeous pink and white plaid cardstock.
I went through all my dies and found this little Sizzlit Rocking Horse (seemed appropriate for a rocker card) which I cut from a pretty pink plaid paper from DCWV.
I suppose I was still influenced by the last sketch from WMS - WMSC129, because I couldn't think where else to put the sentiment other than to the side plus this made the card a little more substantial. The sentiment and frame were stamped using WMS Fancy Phrases and cut with a Spellbinders Fancy Label.
However, I was so carried away with the aesthetics of the piece that I forgot all about physics - the card tipped to the right and wouldn't rock at all.  SO I went through all my brads and found these three spotted pink and white heart brads and attached them to the left side - the card now rocked a little but still leant to the right.  So I cut another two chipboard hearts and attached these to the left as well - phew it was more or less balanced and rocks really well.
At only 8 weeks old Sarah Jane won't be able to play with it yet but I hope it puts a smile on her mummy's face as she waits by her hospital bedside.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, it looks beautiful now it's put together - that background is so cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!