Thursday 9 August 2012

Thanks Berry Much

A little thank you card for a friend of mine, to thank her for a great evening last week.  Good friends, good food and good weather - what more could you ask for.
I thought I'd use my new Big Berry set which arrived on Monday.  Isn't it fab!
Couldn't believe my luck when I saw the freebie paper pack which came with this month's Card and Papercraft included a background paper with strawberry jam jars on it.  The polka dot paper is also from this set.
I stamped the strawberry using Peeled Paint and Fired Brick distress inks and embossed with clear powder, and then cut a circle shapes with a Spellbinders Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle.  The white circle seemed a bit bare with just the strawberry on it so I masked it off, and overstamped with the floral border stamp from Pic-Nic Patterns (fast becoming my favourite set).
I fiddled a bit with the sentiment - initially stamping on white and cutting with a Spellbinders oval, but it was too overcrowded, so I decided to just stamp the sentiment on the background in black.
I used the sketch from WMSC109 as inspiration for the card, keeping pretty true to it except that my card is A6 not square.
I always like to make a matching envelope, so I overstamped the strawberry on it.  However these envelopes are really thick and the ridge from the underside affected the stamping.  I should have tried a piece of funky foam inside the envelope to get a better impression.  Will probably redo it.

2 comments:

  1. What a great thank you card!!! Love these berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, Love your stamping! That big berry looks perfect, and I love the picnic patterns behind it - your masking is seamless!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!