Wednesday 27 June 2012

WMS Christmas Card Challenge for June - to use sewing

This was really challenging. I've always admired cards with sewing on them but my own attempts have usually been disastrous. This was going okay until I decided to do a little zig zag in the bottom right corner. I could feel the machine labouring and was afraid of a jam.  It didn't jam but the stitching wasn't even and I did go a bit crooked.  Oh well at least the recipient will know it's hand made !
The largest of the WMS Vintage Ornaments was stamped with Brilliance Rocket Red and embossed with clear powder.  The greeting in the inner oval is from the WMS Compliments of the Season.  The inside greeting/stopper for easel is from WMS A Cottage Christmas.  This was cut out using a petite oval and placed on top of a Fancy Tag for added interest.  Naturally I had to decorate the envelope so I stamped the smaller of the Vintage Ornaments in Versamark and embossed with white. 
I think I've been watching too much Lord of the Rings lately - the twine at the top of the ornament makes it look like a Rohirren Rider's helmet don't you think.  I suppose inspiration comes from all kinds of sources !

1 comment:

  1. It looks perfect from here, I think you're a bit of a perfectionist. Your cards are always so perfectly finished, no-one would notice what you consider to be a little annoyance ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!