Saturday 24 March 2012

A Dandelion Card

Lena bought this Dandelion die for our scrap group when she visited Creativa Metz a few weeks ago.  I thought it would make a good focal image for a sympathy card, which I've been meaning to make for some weeks now.
The small stamp in the background was bought last week in Dortmund.  The earth was cut from a sheet from a Basic Grey 6x6 Paper Pad - Marjolaine, using the abstract decorative strip die.
I used a couple of green alcohol inks to create the background - oregano, willow and citrus, with a little gold.
Dandelions are so ethereal the way they float on the merest hint of a breeze.  There's something a little sad about this last stage of the dandelion, but also a little hopeful.  As children we always tried to catch them and make wishes.
I found a quote from D.H.Lawrence, which I didn't include as it seemed a little trite for a sympathy card, but I did like the idea of the dandelion negotiating the entire cosmos.
 "No creature is fully itself till it is, like the dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you !!!