Wednesday 22 February 2012

A special birthday card for my special husband. The background was created using Ranger alcohol inks - Red Pepper, Butterscotch and Caramel with a little gold over the top. I then stamped a collage of clocks over the top with black Archival ink - from Time and Space sheet by Non-Sequitur. The large clock was also from this set, while the small flying clock face was cut from the free stamp in February 2011's issue of Craft Stamper, as was the text. The Bookplate was cut from a Sizzix Bigz die - Bookplates. The wings were cut from a Sizzlit - Scribbles #1. It's not very clear but there is a bubble sticker over the clock face. The screw-like brads were coloured using Red Pepper and Gold Ranger alcohol inks.
The inside reads "Time to Celebrate". I picked this stamp up in a bargain bin during my recent visit to Australia.
Instead of the usual mechanism of round sticky pads, I made a column of washers and a small round magnet the same size, which was strong enough to stick to the 2 pennies as well.
Time has not exactly been on my side recently, though I have been busy in my craft room this last week. Hopefully I'll get around to publishing some other work in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Another great card K. Just perfect. You've got that alcohol ink background off to a T. The bronze look to the finish goes perfectly with the clock theme. I love that clock stamp.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you !!!